Article 1: Definitions
In this agreement, the following terms shall have the meanings set forth below.
- “Member” refers to a person who has applied to use our service, has been approved by the company, and has acquired or is seeking to acquire membership.
- “The company” refers to RoutingSystems, Inc.
- “The service” refers to the IDIY and IDIY Business services provided by the company.
- “The website” refers to the IDIY and IDIY Business websites provided by the company.
- “Usage fee” refers to the payment for the service.
- “My Page” refers to the management screen for members.
- “Points” refers to the numerical value of property granted by the company to members.
- “Monthly plan” refers to a right to use the service once per day for a period of time and services as specified by the company.
Article 2: Scope and revisions of this agreement
Users shall use the service upon the acceptance of this agreement. In addition, the company may revise, change, or add to this agreement without notifying members, and the revised or amended agreements shall apply to all members.
Article 3: Member registration
- Each member may open one account, by correctly entering his/her name, e-mail address, and other necessary information for member registration on the member registration screen.
- The registration process shall be considered as enrollment from the time the e-mail notifying the completion of the registration is sent, and the service shall not begin until the company issues an account to the customer.
- If the company detects an account that may be the result of a double registration by the same member, the company may delete the corresponding accounts without prior notice to the member.
Article 4: Conditions of membership
Member registration may be denied for any of the following reasons.
- If the member registration information is determined to be false.
- If the form is filled out incorrectly or contains omissions.
- If a previous member has had their membership suspended or terminated by the company in the past due their violations of this agreement or for other reasons.
- If the company deems the prospective member to be inappropriate.
- When the same member registers using multiple e-mail addresses.
Article 5: Change in membership information
If there are any changes in a member’s registered membership information, he/she shall log into their My Page and update their information as soon as possible. The company assumes no responsibility for any information that is undeliverable due to a member’s failure to notify the company of a change in his/her information.
Article 6: Suspension/Termination of membership
Membership will be suspended or terminated by the company under the following conditions.
- In a member illegally uses the company’s services, such as by transferring, or selling the right to use the service to a third party (including family members).
- If you use the service for research purposes, information gathering, solicitation, or for any other unauthorized purposes.
- If you violate this agreement.
- If the member is unable to be contacted by the company via phone or e-mail.
Article 7: Handling of information
Information excluding personal information that may be used to identify members, such as nicknames registered during membership registration, profile pictures set by members, customer testimonials and feedback to instructors, other texts submitted while using the service, and work from instructors, may be disclosed or provided to third parties in the following cases:
- When there is consent from the member himself/herself.
- When disclosure is requested by a public agency.
- When used for analysis.
- When used for marketing purposes.
- When used for promotional purposes.
- When used as educational material.
- When used in publications.
- When used for software development.
Article 8: Rights for delivered orders
Ownership rights for the correction and proofreading results belongs to the company, and the company shall lease these rights to members. The company shall not make any monetary claims towards members for the lending of these usage rights.
Article 9: Leakage of information
The company shall not be held responsible for any unauthorized access that results in a leakage of the contents of correction and proofreading orders, as well as any personal information provided at the time of member registration. Therefore, when requesting the correction of texts that contain personal or important information, users must take precautionary measures such as always symbolizing proper nouns or replacing them with fictitious information.
Article 10: Usage and other fees
- Fees for the use of the service shall be as stated on the website, and members shall pay the fees in advance to use the service. Points are valid for 180 days and monthly plans are valid for 30 days, after which the points and monthly plans will expire.
- The company may introduce a new fee structure or change the admission fee or monthly usage fee after notifying members via the website, e-mail, or other means. Members should fully understand the fee structure of points, monthly plans, and other products necessary for the service at their own responsibility and discretion.
- Members must use their own judgment and discretion when making purchases, as points and monthly plans after more than one week from its initial purchase, are non-refundable.
- Expiration of a monthly plan or points shall mean an expiration of the right to use the monthly plan or points.
- If a monthly plan is purchased with a credit card, an automatic renewal procedure will be activated. Therefore, if the member does not wish to renew their monthly plan, he/she must cancel the automatic renewal procedure by the deadline indicated on their My Page. If the member does not cancel the automatic renewal procedure, the company will deem that the member has the intention to renew their monthly plan.
- Other services and procedures provided by the company may incur additional fees.
Article 11: Refund policy
Members may refund their monthly plan within one week after the initial purchase of their monthly plan. The refund will be calculated on a pro-rated basis starting from the date of the refund request, and the refund will be made by credit card or bank transfer after the processing fee is deducted.
Article 12: Payment methods
- PayPal, Inc. will handle all credit card payments, and Paygent, Inc. will handle all convenience store and ATM payments on our behalf. We shall not be liable for any debt disputes related to the payment agency’s services, and any problems must be resolved between the parties involved.
- After a payment is made, it may take up to 3 business days or more for the payment to be confirmed and for our products to be delivered.
- In the event that the amount received for a bank transfer payment is even one yen less than the amount stated on the invoice, we will issue an invoice for the difference, and the member must pay the amount to our account by the designated date. If the difference is not deposited, points equaling the amount paid will be awarded. Fractions of a point will be rounded to the nearest whole number.
- In the case of payment by bank transfer, if the amount received is more than the amount shown on the invoice, you will be contacted and awarded points equaling the value of the payment surplus. Fractions of a point will be rounded to the nearest whole number.
Article 13: Service rules
Members shall agree in advance to and abide by each of the following service rules.
- Emails sent by the company and members may be delayed.
- Emails sent by the company and members may fail to be delivered and may not reach members.
- The delivery of corrections and proofreading results are based on the delivery time indicated on the My Page and in the confirmation email. However, in the case of the IDIY service, there may be a delay of up to 10 or more days from the estimated delivery time, depending on order timing and content of the ordered text. In addition, in the case of the IDIY Business service, the order fee shall be refunded in the event of a delay in delivery. The amount refunded shall vary according to the length of the delay. The company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by members due to delays in the delivery of correction and proofreading results, questions, etc.
- Members must not include any important or personal information in their texts. If it is necessary to enter such information in a text, it must be replaced with anonymized or fictitious information before it is ordered for correction.
- If the correction or proofreading results contains any defects, the company shall not be liable for any damage caused by such defects.
- Corrections and proofreading results shall be delivered online.
- The deadline for using the question/report function to ask questions to the instructor, or to report an error in the results, is within one week from the date the order is delivered.
- The ordering of a text for correction and the use of the question/report function do not guarantee that the instructor will work on your order or respond to your questions/report.
Article 14: Withdrawal procedures
- The company will not refund fees for any reason, except for the use of the refund system (Article 11). Similarly, no refunds shall be made in the event that a member is unable to use the service due to problems with the member’s internet connection or computer environment.
- Similarly, no refunds shall be made in the event that the service is unavailable due to the failure of the company’s network or events caused by natural disasters.
- Members shall be limited to terminating their use of the service for any and all complaints regarding the service.
- The method of deletion of member information upon termination of membership shall be logical deletion.
Article 15: Recommendation of withdrawal
The company may notify a member with a recommendation to terminate their membership, and the member being notified shall accept the recommendation to terminate their membership and proceed smoothly with the termination.
Article 16: System updates
The company will update the software irrespective of the will of members. After the update is implemented, the service may become unavailable depending on the member’s internet or computer environment.
Article 17: Use of trial points
When using the service with trial points, the service may be used according to the number of points gifted by the company. The right to use free points shall be leased by the company.
Article 18: Cancellation of correction and proofreading orders
- If the text requested by a member contains any of these contents, the company shall terminate the correction or proofreading order.
- (1) If the text includes crime, fraud, violence, criminal organizations, illicit transactions, drugs, abuse, sexual expressions, or any other content that the company deems inappropriate.
- (2) If the text contains technical terms or highly specialized content as determined by the company.
- (3) If requests other than correction or proofreading are included.
- (4) If the company deems the order to be too labor intensive and burdensome for the instructor.
- (5) If there is an error in the method of order submission.
- (6) If the order contains links to external sites or services, such as URLs.
- (7) If the order contains any attempt to contact the instructor or provide information outside of the company’s services.
- (8) Any other cases in which the instructor or the company, in its sole discretion, determines that there is a problem in completing the order.
- If the order is cancelled, the points used shall be returned to the member, and in the case of a monthly plan, the company shall extend the expiration date of the monthly plan owned by the member by one day.
- The company shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the member as a result of the cancellation of the order. The company may make the decision to cancel the order, and members may not refuse the decision to cancel the order. The reason for the cancellation and the criteria employed by the company to make the decision may not be disclosed to the member.
- Members may not appeal against the company’s decision to cancel an order. If a member refuses the company’s decision to cancel the order, the member violates the prohibitions in Article 22 of this agreement, and the company may terminate their membership.
- In accordance with Article 14.3, any appeal by a member of the service shall be limited to the termination of their use of the service.
Article 19: Contents of the service
The company reserves the right to change the contents of the service being provided, and to adjust estimated delivery times, etc. to maintain smooth service operation during times of congestion.
Article 20: Monitoring
The company monitors the contents of communications to avoid problems between instructors and members.
Article 21: Content and effectiveness of correction and proofreading results
- We do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the English courses in the service, or of the individual information sent by the instructors. We also do not guarantee the effectiveness of the learning process.
- As the service delivers correction and proofreading results without the double-checking of results, you must use the service with a full understanding of the risks of defects in the results. Therefore, the use of delivered materials in important printed matter, medical, traffic, or other areas where human life may be at stake, or where there is a possibility of other serious problems occurring, is strictly prohibited. In the unlikely event that a problem arises due to the contents of an order, we shall assume no responsibility.
Article 22: Prohibited acts
Any action that may harm the company, its staff, or instructors (slander, libel, obscenity, economic damage, mental damage, defamation, etc.) are strictly prohibited. In addition, if the company determines that a member’s behavior interferes with the service, the company may terminate the member’s membership or restrict the member’s use of the service without prior notice to or consent from the member. In addition, if any of the following or similar activities are discovered, the company reserves the right to terminate a member’s membership or restrict their usage of the service without prior notice or consent.
- Actions that go against public order and morals, and actions that the company may deem as such.
- Any act that violates the law, commits or induces a crime, or any act that the company deems to be in violation of the law.
- Interfering with the service, and any other actions that the company may deem as such.
- Attempting to make direct contact with instructors, prying into personal information or the company’s terms and conditions, or any action that the company may deem as such.
- Destroying or cracking the company’s computer system, and any other actions that the company may deem as such.
- Leaking the contents of emails, chats, phone calls, or other inquiries exchanged within the services, and any other actions that the company may deem as such.
- Imitating the business model or content of the service and diverting them to similar services.
- Use of correction or proofreading results for purposes that may cause problems.
Article 23: Governing law and jurisdiction
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- In the event of litigation concerning this agreement, the Tokyo District Court having jurisdiction over the location of the company’s head office shall be the court of exclusive jurisdiction for the initial hearing.
Article 24: Consultation
In the event of any matter not stipulated in this agreement or the individual agreements, or in the event of any question arising regarding the interpretation of the contents or provisions of the two agreements, the matter shall be settled amicably through consultation between the company and the member in accordance with the principle of good faith and integrity.
Established July 14, 2010
Revised September 15, 2011
Revised November 5, 2018
Revised June 9, 2020